On the 3rd September 2011 I made the effort to cut down to two glasses of wine and then on the 4th Sept 2011 I came up with 'Just one glass per night'. That was the start. Moderating at home was surprisingly easy but at parties and pubs it took some more effort.
I got sadly drunk for two weeks in January when I went back to Taiwan for a visit. I used to work out there. But since then I've been moderate again both at home and in the pub.
Cutting down has had some great benefits;
- Feeling good on both Saturday and Sunday
- No hangovers (except in January)
- Generally feel happier when I'm not drinking
- Don't feel the complusion to drink more and more
- More motivated to make other changes in my life.
- When you're sober, you realise drunks aren't so funny
Why don't more heavy drinkers moderate?
How to be a moderate drinker?